If you cook for friends & family regularly, I'm sure you have a go-to dish. This Thai Curry is mine and you are more than welcome to adopt it! In my eyes it's perfect: warm, flavorful, satisfying and super easy to whip up for a group. To top that off...it's healthy. Dairy+gluten free and can easily be adjusted to be vegan.
A majority of the people I have fed this to have come back shortly after to ask when the next curry night is. You guys have to promise to still come for curry night even though you have the recipe. I make this all year round, but there is nothing like an aromatic, spicy, cozy dish to warm your soul when the temps start to drop.
Like all good things, it begins with good ingredients. The best thing about curry is you can play around with the veggies/meat once you have the base - feel free to add potatoes, carrots, sub shrimp etc.
1. Pour one can of coconut milk in a large saucepan with the curry paste and simmer for a few minutes on medium heat to release flavor
2. Add chicken and simmer until outside is begins to cook
3. Pour remaining coconut milk and add additional curry paste as needed, stirring until curry blends into the coconut milk without lumps
4. Add fish sauce, brown sugar, basil, onion, peppers, spices + salt&pepper, and stir occasionally on med-low heat.
5. Serve with a side of rice and generous lime slices!